The Sisters Grimm
By Michael Buckley
I knew I was going to like this book before I began it. My uncle Paul gave it to me and I knew my friends Rain and Skylar were reading it. I had just finished The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer and The Heroes Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy (given to me by Peter). All these books were about people in or falling into fairy tales.
The Sisters Grimm is about two girls whose names are Delphina and Sabrina Grimm who find themselves turned into fairy tail detectives.
This first book is a book full of adventure and
love. Sabrina and Delphina Grimm
are being taken to their grandmother who their father said was dead. Their grandmother and Mr. Canis, the
butler, are taken by a giant and Sabrina and Delphina find themselves involved
in the mystery.
In this series there are nine books. I'm on book number five. The books keep getting scarier. I totally recommend you read these books.
I can't wait to hear what you think about the Sister's Grimm, Athena.
ReplyDeleteOn your recommendation, I read
ReplyDeletethe first Sisters Grimm and enjoyed
it very much. What a clever idea to
weave the fairy tales in and out of
the fast moving plot. I had to concentrate
in order to keep up with all the action!
Do you keep notes about the books you read
or do you just remember them?
NC
I am really pleased you are reviewing books like these so I can learn about new books to buy my granddaughters (or grandsons). I really like the 'owl' rating system. Since the Sisters Grimm received a 9 out of 10 owls, I am considering this one for my granddaughter Piper's birthday which is coming up in October.
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Rosemary
That book sounds so good!!! I am going to read it!!!
ReplyDeleteLove
Cousin Alexis