
Felicity Merriman lived in a house with her mother and father and brother and sister. Felicity is ten and her brother is three and her sister is six. She has a friend named Elizabeth and I imagine she is nine and a half. Annabelle, Elizabeth's sister, is really, really bossy, but she has a class with Elizabeth and Felicity. She lived a long, long time ago in Williamsburg.

The story is about Mr. Nye and Penny, his new horse. She is trying to rescue Penny because Mr. Nye is really mean to her and Penny. Felic
ity's father has a general store. They sell all sorts of things.
Governor Dunmore stole gunpowder from the magazine. A magazine looks like a castle and they keep gunpowder in it. He was worried that the king of England would lose so they wanted to steal it for the king.
Felicity's grandfather gived Felicity a lamb and they called the lamb Posie because he went in the Posie flowers.
There are six Felicity books and I read all of them. I'm going to Williamsburg. Have you gone to Williamsburg? What does it look like?
Zoe, your review of Felicity is very good - it makes me want to read it too!
ReplyDeleteI think Mayumi has a Felicity book somewhere on her bookshelf. We'll have to find it and read it and then maybe the two of you can talk about together!
And I have been to Williamsburg and enjoyed it very much. It is fun to learn about history isn't it?
Maybe Mayumi should try The Invisible Dog. I liked it and it was funny too! It was really really funny.
DeleteZoe, you will love Williamsburg! The vegetable and flower gardens are beautiful. I hope you will take some pictures of the gardens to show me. By the way, did Felicity have a vegetable garden?
ReplyDeleteNC
Yes, and there was a weed growing in it. It growed and growed even when she picked it. Grandfather came and asked how her garden was doing and she said that there was a naughty, naughty weed in her garden that stayed even when she pulled it. He picked it and put it in a vase for her birthday party.
DeleteI enjoyed your review of Felicity, Zoe, and was interested in what happened to the horse, Penny. I also really liked seeing the cover of the books next to your review so I could see what Felicity looks like. You said you read all the Felicity books. Was there one you liked best?
ReplyDeleteRosemary
Penny had a mean owner. Felicity helps her get out and then Felicity falls off of her but quickly runs away. She lets Penny free and then Penny gets to her grandpa's place. He says it is a mean horse that wouldn't let anyone go close to her but then she ran up and hugged her. Grandpa buys her. Mr. Nye gets in jail so grandpa says she can go back home with Penny and she loves her. Mr. Nye pays to get out of jail and then Penny was about to get a foal so Penny ran over to him because they knew that he was a great helper with animals. He knew he shouldn't touch Penny because Penny would get scared and it would be a bad touch so he was touching as soft as Felicity does. Felicity had the baby and they named it Patriot.
DeleteZoe,
ReplyDeleteIt is great to see your review here in this blog. I enjoyed reading about Felicity. I wonder what it would be like to have a pet lamb! I have never been to Williamsburg. Maybe you could post a picture on this blog after you get back? Have a great trip!
OK.
DeleteZoe,
ReplyDeleteI have been to Williamsburg a few times. My favorite places are the candle shop, the Tavern where I had a yummy meal, and the schoolhouse. You will have a great time on your trip and it will be exciting to see the places Felicity lived and played. Maybe you will be able to imagine being there with her.