This is the first book in the Ulysses Moore series. There are twelve books in the series.
In this book there are three main characters. One is named Jason. He is an adventurous and daydreaming boy. His sister's name is Julia. She is the exact opposite of Jason. She does not believe in ghosts. She is fast and athletic. Rick is the third character. He is the most athletic of the group. He loves to run around play on bikes. He is really strong and fast.This story is about something mysterious going on in Argo Manor (the place where they live). Their mom and dad have gone out and the caretaker Nester is taking care of them. They discover a hidden door. When they got through the door they find lots of adventures. They find the diary of Ulysses Moore, the person who used to live at Argo Manor. Their adventures take them to a cave that is under the house which leads them to many other adventures.
This book is in between scary and not scary. I am reading Book Two.
My Rating: 7 owls (out of 10)
I'd love to hear more about your rating system. How do you decide on an owl score. Is it just how much you like a book, or do you think about other elements, like: how interesting the characters are, how fast or suspenseful the story is, how easy or challenging it is to read, or how satisfying the ending is?
ReplyDeletehow much i like it and how interesting the characters are and how satisfying the ending is love sarah
DeleteWow! You certainly have read alot of books this summer. Sister's Grimm sounds interesting to me. Can I borrow your copy so I can read it over the weekend?
ReplyDeleteSusan
Yes. I can't wait to hear what you think of it!
DeleteMy last comment didn't work so this is just a test. Testing 1 2 3 !
ReplyDeleteHi Sarah! Thanks for inviting me into your blog. I'm excited to hear more about the Ulysses Moore series! I have a few questions about the book. What did they learn from reading the diary? Is that how they found out about the cave? Do you have any predictions about what the second book will be about? I'm looking forward to following your blog!
ReplyDeleteThe diary led them to the cave by giving them lots of little clues. I know what the second book is about because I read it! I'll write about it in my next blog.
ReplyDeleteThanks for reading!